We finally have Windows Phone 8 devices on Bell Mobility here in Canada. With Monique’s Lumia 710 phone on Rogers we need at least one Bell/TELUS phone as Rogers has poor rural coverage.
The HTC 8X looks like a decent phone but at 16GB of internal storage with no way to add more it is out of the running.
That leaves the Samsung ATIV S and the Nokia Lumia 920.
Having looked at both there are plus and minus points for both.
- Lumia 920
- Camera setup is supposed to be the best.
- Weight is a factor. The phone is _heavy_ compared to the Samsung.
- 32GB of storage can be a bit small.
- No microSD capability.
- The colour choice is neat.
- LTE bands are 700/850/1900/1700/2100 (Rogers)
- Samsung ATIV S
- Allows for 32GB of external storage to be added.
- Bell version comes with 16GB of on board storage (96GB total).
- Rogers version comes with 32GB of on board storage (indicates no microSD though).
- Important for that large Zune/Xbox Music Pass library!
- Phone is _really_ light.
- The phone is quite large to handle.
- LTE band(s):
- 700MHz (Bell shows only one band)
- 700/850/1900/1700/2100 (Rogers)
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. :0)
Microsoft Small Business Specialists
Co-Author: SBS 2008 Blueprint Book