- Make sure to have your scheduled reboot scripts in place when updating remotely.
- The service pack will break the RWW connection ... serveral times ... most of the time it will not be permanent.
- You may get a Blue Shield from the SBS WSUS console if the settings were changed during the setup portion of the Service Pack.
- Make sure to select the all products and classifications when asked.
- Reset those settings as follows: Microsoft KB 921910 Software updates are not managed by Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2003 Update Services.
- Make sure the first synchronization finished before refreshing the Blue Shield in the SBS console.
- If the WSUS based update fails, as we have had one do so far, download and run the Service Pack directly. This seems to work.
- Make sure there are no consoles open during the WSUS Service Pack application.
Microsoft Small Business Specialists
*All Mac on SBS posts are posted on our in-house iMac via the Safari Web browser.