We just fired up an Intel Modular Server and were greeted with the following on the firmware page:
Having the firmware at 5.5 out of the box saves us the step we had to take in the past where we would need to update the firmware using a two step process.
- IMS out of the box IP: 192.168.150.150
- IMS out of the box administrator logon:
- IMS first boot process
- The first boot takes about 25-40 minutes
- IMS firmware update process
- A firmware update takes about 90 minutes.
- Management Module Changes
- Most CMM changes require the CMM to be rebooted.
We will be setting up a 2 node Hyper-V Server 2008 R2 cluster out of the box on our own domain as we need to run some client projects on the cluster.
We will then flatten the unit and start fresh with 2 cluster nodes and then install additional nodes to evaluate the cluster’s behaviours when the number of nodes is increased from 2 to 3, 2 to 4, 2 to 6.
Thanks for reading! :)
Microsoft Small Business Specialists
Co-Author: SBS 2008 Blueprint Book