As more and more of our users are incorporating some form of mobile device whether Apple, BlackBerry, Android or other the need to be aware of our client’s security vulnerabilities through those becomes all the more acute.
The tips are as follows:
- Keep your system updated
- Install a security application in your phone
- Watch where you click and land
- Refrain from doing transactions on a public network
- Install or obtain applications from trusted source
- Make it a habit to check each applications' data access on your phone
The final point is one of interest since many users do not realize that the applications running on their handheld devices are indeed phoning home with the device’s unique ID and GPS data.
As always, it is very important to read the Terms & Conditions for any supposedly “free” or even paid services and/or products from _any_ online or on-premise vendor.
Microsoft Small Business Specialists
Co-Author: SBS 2008 Blueprint Book