These links are courtesy of Security MVP Harry Waldron.
- Harry Waldron – Computer Security News blog: Mobile Device Security - Best Practices
- Some thoughts on how to protect a device from various attack vectors.
- Symantec Community Security Blog: Android Threat Trend Shows That Criminals are Thinking Outside the Box
- While Symantec has a vested interest this post has some good reading on the various attack vectors.
- PCMag Blogs: Security Watch: Is 2011 Finally the Actual Year of Mobile Malware?
- References the Symantec blog post.
This final link comes via Susan Bradley:
- DailyTech Gadgets: Lost Your iPhone? Someone Can Grab Your Password in Six Minutes
- The title is pretty self explanatory. There is a bit of skill involved with the process but it _can_ be done.
It is up to us to advise our clients on any attack vector that may present a problem for their business and some ways to mitigate exposure. This is especially true for clients that hold sensitive client information in their systems.
The more integrated into our client’s systems mobile devices get the greater the need for caution _before_ integrating any device into those systems.
Microsoft Small Business Specialists
Co-Author: SBS 2008 Blueprint Book