Here are some shots of one of the mid-level 2 node cluster configurations we are currently deploying.
The above configuration is as follows:
- UPS Structure
- 3x APC SMT1500RM2U
- 2x Intel Server System SR2625URLX
- Dual Intel Xeon E5645 Hex Core, 96GB ECC, Intel RAID, RAID 1 OS, Dual LSI External SAS, Intel RMM3
- 1x Promise VTrak E610sD RAID Subsystem
- Dual SAS Controller
- 12x 300GB 15K Seagate SAS
- 1x HP MicroServer
- 8GB with RAC installed.
- Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard acting as DC and Hyper-V for management VM.
- Cisco SA520 Security Appliance
- Cisco 48-Port Gigabit Web managed switch.
There are a few other items involved here including the APC 24U enclosure.
The closet this setup is installed into is climate controlled via Haier 12K BTU twin hose A/C unit. It keeps the space well cooled all year round.
VMs running on this cluster are:
- SBS 2011 Standard
- 4 vCPUs, 24GB RAM
- Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard with RDS
- 2 vCPUs, 8GB RAM
- Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard with SQL
- 4 vCPUs, 16GB RAM
- Windows 7 and XP VMs
- Windows 7: 2 vCPUs, 2-4GB RAM
- XP Pro: 2 vCPUs, 2GB RAM
Microsoft Small Business Specialists
Co-Author: SBS 2008 Blueprint Book