Microsoft has released a series of updates that aggregate a number of hotfixes released since Windows 7/Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 into one spot. Note that this spot is not Microsoft Update _or_ WSUS.
- Microsoft KB 2775511: An enterprise hotfix rollup is available for Windows 7 SP1 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1
Normally for hotfixes we would have to link into each hotfix’s download site and go through the e-mail return with password protected ZIP archive (in most cases) process for _each_ hotfix contained in this one update set.
To get the updates we are required to step out of our normal update routines and download them from the Windows Catalogue site.
- Note for users running as Standard User a UAC with admin credentials will be required due to a plug-in requesting install rights.
- IE10 on Win8 with Compatibility mode enabled ends up with:
- A UAC Prompt will happen at this point.
- Though, Win7 with IE9 seems to have stalled at this point on our download attempts. :(
Oh well, we tried Win8 with IE10, Win7 with IE9, and Win7 with IE8 with all failing.
We tried Run As Admin with UAC via the domain admin account to start all of the IE versions on each OS and still hit a roadblock.
We shall try again later. :(
Once we do have the files we will be able to see about how we will deploy them at client sites.
Microsoft Small Business Specialists
Co-Author: SBS 2008 Blueprint Book
Chef de partie in the SMBKitchen
Find out more at