I’m happy to announce that my first How-To video has been posted to our SMBKitchen Project knowledgebase.
I demonstrate the following process:
- Setting up the partition configuration.
- Setting up Intel NIC Teaming for a dual NIC motherboard.
- Windows Client does not have NIC teaming built-in as does Server.
- VM: Set up Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 as a router
- Private and Public vSwitches bound.
- RRAS configured in NAT mode.
- VM: Set up Windows Server 2012 Standard as a DC.
- Proper network setup for DNS, DHCP, AD, and more.
- Forward Lookup Zones for the Domain and Active Directory zones.
- Reverse Lookup Zone settings for AD.
There are a significant number of helpful pointers throughout the video that will give you a _very_ good idea of how we set up and deploy Hyper-V but also do a greenfield Windows Server Stack deployment for a new client.
The video is about 43 minutes in length.
Please do check it out! SMBKitchen Project
The small subscription fee helps to justify the time to do these types of How-To efforts. :)
Microsoft Small Business Specialists
Co-Author: SBS 2008 Blueprint Book
Chef de partie in the SMBKitchen
Find out more at