- The Official SBS Blog: WSS 3.0 Installation on SBS 2003.
- TechNet: Installing Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 on a Server Running Windows Small Business Server 2003.
- Official SBS Blog: Trouble Installing SharePoint 3.0 after WSUS 3.0.
- Which points to KB 934790: Description of the Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 hotfix package: April 12, 2007.
How to install SharePoint 3.0 and then WSUS 3.0.To obtain the above mentioned KB 934790 hotfix if WSS 3.0 was installed after WSUS 3.0, one is required to call Product Support Services.
If you install WSS 3.0 after WSUS 3.0, the SharePoint setup will complete, but the SharePoint Products and Technologies Configuration Wizard that runs after setup will fail to create a configuration database and WSS 3.0 will not be functional.
- Install SBS R2 including WSUS 2.0.
- Install WSS 3.0 using the side by side installation steps in the white paper. Complete all steps.
- Upgrade to WSUS 3.0.
This post is further to step 13 (reordered), install WSS 3.0 in side-by-side mode, in the previous blog post: SBS 2K3 R2 - Setup steps and resources.
UPDATE: Missed an important link!
Installing Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 on a Server Running Windows Small Business Server 2003 (Link to download SBSWSSv3.doc).
Microsoft Small Business Specialists
*All Mac on SBS posts are posted on our in-house iMac via the Safari Web browser.