This little gem came via fellow MVP Robert Pearman:
Note: Please ensure Outlook 2010 is closed.
- Download NK2Edit from http://www.nirsoft.net
- Please Note: The third-party product discussed here is manufactured by a company that is independent of Microsoft. We make no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding this product's performance or reliability.
- Open the old Nk2 file (associating the file with NK2 does not work with version v1.12
- Click Save As, Change the Save as type to "Outlook 2010 AutoComplete .dat file".
- Navigate to the following directory in the address bar within the Save As Window. %AppData%\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\RoamCache
- Save over the current Stream_Autocomplete file.
- Note: To avoid unexpected problems, you can first back up the Stream_Autocomplete*.dat file to other place.
Test the AutoComplete feature.
Our previous post on this topic:
We mention this second option to the original process because the import process did not always work with us subsequently being stuck for a method to bring in those addresses.
It is surprising to see just how many folks use that list as their address book with their actual Contacts list being relatively empty!
Microsoft Small Business Specialists
Co-Author: SBS 2008 Blueprint Book