The reason we were digging into the Intel Download site as indicated in our earlier post was because the systems we are building have the following problem:
- Intel DQ67EP: PCI Serial Port
- Device Drivers not loaded.
After digging around to try and find the driver for the SOL component (device showing) we ended up calling the Intel Support hotline for Resellers.
After talking with the support technician for a few minutes, being put on hold for a few more, he came back and indicated that the current AMT/MEI driver was bad.
- Current Intel DQ67xx Series MEI Driver: 184.108.40.2069
- Previous Intel DQ67xx Series MEI Driver: 220.127.116.118
We ended up installing the previous version of the driver, 18.104.22.1688, and voila:
- Intel(R) Active Management Technology – SOL (COM3)
So, for now make sure to avoid the current version of the driver!
Microsoft Small Business Specialists
Co-Author: SBS 2008 Blueprint Book