When we need to download multiple files from various sites, we get caught by the 2 simultaneous download limit ... especially if the delivering site is throttled in some way.
To remove the IE7 simultaneous download limit, we do the following:
- Regedit [Enter]
- UAC Prompt
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings
- Add DWORD (32bit): MaxConnectionsPer1_0Server
- Note that it is ...PerONE_ZERO...
A screenshot of the registry changes:
IE 7 Download Settings
- Fix Internet Explorer 7's download limit
- Vista Rewired: Increase the number of simultaneous downloads in Internet Explorer 7
Microsoft Small Business Specialists
*All Mac on SBS posts are posted on our in-house iMac via the Safari Web browser.