Adaptive Server Anywhere Database Engine has stopped workingA quick search turns up the following Intuit QB 2008 KB article: Error: "Adaptive server anywhere database engine has encountered a problem and needs to close".
A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.
The possible reasons for the error:
- The program was not correctly installed
- The program became corrupted after installation. In some cases this might be caused by a virus on the affected system
- Copying company file to a flash drive and then removing drive without closing QuickBooks
So, none of the above count.
The resolutions for the problem:
- Make sure your antivirus is up to date
- Uninstall and reinstall QuickBooks
Microsoft Small Business Specialists
*All Mac on SBS posts are posted on our in-house iMac via the Safari Web browser.