We have a fresh Windows Server 2008 Standard x64 server that we are installing SEP on. The server is a member server on an SBS 2003 R2 Premium domain.
When we started the SEP setup routine, we were greeted with:
The following IIS configuration is required:
- IIS 7 installed and running.
- ASP.NET + prerequisites are required.
- IIS 6.0 Management Compatibility.
Once IIS and the required components are installed, the following two default ports need to be added to the Windows Firewall with Advanced Security:
- Client Inbound Traffic: 8014
- Server Management Console: 8443
From there, SEP should install with no issues.
Microsoft Small Business Specialists
Co-Author: SBS 2008 Blueprint Book