The following video gives an overview of the various features to be found in the new SBS 2011 Remote Web Access portal (formerly Remote Web Workplace in SBS 2003 and 2008).
SBS 2011 RWA has the following features:
- Outlook Web App (OWA) for full Outlook like access to our e-mail, contacts, calendars, and more.
- Access to the Companyweb SharePoint site.
- Access to shared folders hosted _on_ the SBS server.
- This new feature allows us to upload and download data as well as work with folders within the share.
- Connection to any desktop, laptop, or other Windows machine that we have been given permission to access.
- Of course that machine needs to be on for access!
The new version of RWA also allows us to customize the portal by adding Web links to various Internet based resources. We can also move the feature access boxes around to suit our tastes.
Please feel free to comment and critique any of the videos we put out.
Microsoft Small Business Specialists
Co-Author: SBS 2008 Blueprint Book