We are doing the last of our Trend Micro A/V product removals and replacement with Symantec EndPoint Protection.
Our Trend odyssey has unfortunately been long and very painful:
So painful in fact, we paid for a one year SEP subscription and did the R&R for free at all of our clients that had the Trend product installed at.
The password for this last client is not being recognized. So, our notes must be out of date as the password must have been changed without those notes being updated or perhaps the product hiccupped yet again.
To change that admin password:
- Go to the <installed drive>\Program Files\Trend Micro\Security server\PCCSRV\Private directory.
- Open the ofcserver.ini file using Notepad or any text editor
- Look for the Master_Pwd= parameter under the [INI_SERVER_SECTION] section.
- Replace the Master_Pwd= value with 70.
- Remove the !encrypt! portion too.
We now have the ability to manage if that was what we needed, or now to remove the product completely from all of our workstations and servers on this network.
Microsoft Small Business Specialists
Co-Author: SBS 2008 Blueprint Book