To connect to the fax service on an SBS 2003 or SBS 2008 server with Vista or Windows 7 do the following:
- From a computer that is running Windows Vista/7, open Windows Fax and Scan.
- Click New Fax.
- Click Connect to a fax server on my network.
- Type the name of the server that is running Windows SBS, for example \\servername. If you do not know the name of the server, click Start, type cmd, and then type:
- set sbsserver [Enter]
- Answer will be: SBSSERVER=My-SBS
To receive a confirmation when sending a fax do the following once an outgoing fax has been initiated:
- After filling in the above form click on Tools.
- Click on the Options… menu item.
- Set the appropriate actions:
- A confirmation e-mail will show up when the fax has sent successfully.
The delivery receipt option needs to be set each time a fax has been sent.
Microsoft Small Business Specialists
Co-Author: SBS 2008 Blueprint Book