On April 20th at the NAIT campus starting at 1830Hrs (6:30PM) I will be running through some key points on building a Hyper-V Server 2008 R2 based cluster on top of the Intel Modular Server.
The specific room details, time of the event, and a link for registration will be posted on our Web site as soon as they are known. A calendar item is already in place. A follow-up post will also be done here via the blog when the specifics are known.
Some clustering topics that may be covered:
- Server and cluster install orders.
- IMS Storage cluster configuration options.
- IMS Network configurations for High Availability.
- Node storage configuration for High Availability.
- Hyper-V Server 2008 R2 node binding orders.
- Hyper-V Management OS based network configuration.
- Failover Cluster Management console.
- Clustered Shared Volumes and data management.
- Live Migrations.
- FCM cluster networking.
Depending on timing, we will be able to present a pretty good and specific focus on some aspects of what it takes to get a cluster up and running successfully.
The idea is to work with the actual products demonstrating the how and why of clustering. There may be a few PowerPoint slides here and there, but I intend to keep this session very technical in nature.
Microsoft Small Business Specialists
Co-Author: SBS 2008 Blueprint Book