There are a lot of places that we need to pull little bits of information from when preparing to build a cluster on the Intel Modular Server.
When it comes to NIC configuration there are _a lot_ of steps to walk through in order to team them and subsequently configure the needed VLANs on each team.
- NIC MAC Addresses
- Needed to identify the individual NICs.
- MAC addresses will be 00-15-17-AA-00-01 and 00-15-17-AA-00-02 for on board pair.
- MAC addresses will be 00-15-17-EC-99-01 and 00-15-17-EC-99-01 for the mezzanine based pair (mezzanine comes with sticker).
- NIC Index found by running command: prosetcl adapter_enumerate
- Blog Post: NIC Binding Order On Server Core or Hyper-V Server 2008 RTM/R2
- NIC GUIDs are required.
- Blog Label: Intel PROSet
- Intel NIC based blog posts.
We have placed a basic worksheet on our Web site that can be downloaded.
Please feel free to use this worksheet as a template for your IMS documentation.
The SAS WWM Initiator IDs are required for configuring a Promise VTrak E-Class RAID storage unit with the IMS based cluster.
Microsoft Small Business Specialists
Co-Author: SBS 2008 Blueprint Book