This blog post will be updated as we apply the service pack to various hardware and software configurations.
We will try and keep the time to apply the service pack sorted by x86 or x64 version and by install time.
Also note that the times include multiple reboots. Plan accordingly when it comes time to deploy.
Windows Vista 32 bit version:
- Business: Acer TravelMate 5720 T8100 2GB 250GB SATA: 30 minutes (08-03-11)
- Out of the box with no extra software installed. Office & Symantec were removed before initiating the SP.
- Business: E6400 1GB 250GB Seagate: 45 minutes (08-03-12)
- Business: E6400 1GB 250GB Seagate: 49 minutes (08-03-12)
- Business: Acer TravelMate 6592G T7700 4GB 160GB SATA: 75 minutes
- Enterprise: Q6850 3GB 320GB Seagate RAID 1: 40 minutes (08-03-11)
- Ultimate: Q6700 4GB 500GB Seagate RAID 1: 52 minutes
This is what we should see when the Service Pack has finished running:
And, one more thing with regards to the above list, it only makes sense to know which version of Windows Vista we are updating too eh? ;)
Vista Service Pack 1 Successful
UPDATE 2008-03-12: To make it simpler to find this post when needing to update the results, we are going to change the post date to the day of the update.
We will update the results with a few more different configurations. There should then be a reasonable amount of update times to get an idea of how long the service pack will take on a particular machine configuration.
As always, your mileage will vary! ;)
Microsoft Small Business Specialists
*All Mac on SBS posts are posted on our in-house iMac via the Safari Web browser.