An important thing to keep in mind: When the agreement has been issued via your supplier, the end user, your client, will need to have a Live ID associated with the email address on the agreement.
The order of things:
- Purchase Subscription Licensing on behalf of the client
- Client receives an email from Microsoft:
- From: eAgreementz@mmicrosoft.com [mailto:eAgreementz@mmicrosoft.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 04, 2008 10:05 AM
Subject: Action Required: Your Microsoft License Agreement is ready for signature (Agreement Number: XXXXXXXXXX )
Dear My Client
Your Microsoft Volume Licensing Agreement has been created by your Microsoft Channel Partner and is ready for acceptance.
Initializing Your Account and Accepting Your Agreement
In order to review and accept your licensing agreement please click the link below and follow the steps to initialize your Enterprise Portal Platform (EPP) account. EPP is the gateway to the eAgreements tool.
- If the client does not have a Live ID associated with their email, one will need to be created.
- If the client's Live ID has a weak password, the system will require that the password be changed to meet complexity requirements.
- Write the information down in your secure client audit notes!
Once the pending agreement has been signed, the agreement should go active in short order.
Expect any media associated with the subscription to be shipped out once it is active too.
Other than trying to figure out new part numbers and whether to license company-wide or by the seat, setting up the subscription for our client was relatively painless.
One of the benefits of the subscription is the ability to "True Up" on the anniversary date of the subscription. This means that our client can now add more seats to their environment and not need to pay for those seats until the anniversary of the agreement. This is true in the reverse too by the way. Drop a couple of users and one will need to wait until the anniversary of the agreement to adjust the number of licensed seats down.
Microsoft Small Business Specialists
*All Mac on SBS posts are posted on our in-house iMac via the Safari Web browser.