When we are in a meeting with a client or potential client, the above can make or break their impression of us or our impression of them.
We all know that there is a competition for our attention.
However, the person, or the matter we are focused upon while in a meeting also says a lot about who we are.
There are a number of visual clues that can indicate who or what our priorities are:
- A PDA/messaging device sitting face up in front of us so we can see its messages.
- A PDA/messaging device that is left in vibrate mode.
- Sending a text message while the meeting is going on.
- Answering or initiating a cell phone conversation.
- And so on...
- A client's server being nursed back to health.
- A client data recovery going on.
- A client critical situation of some sort.
These simple courtesies will go a long way towards winning a deep respect from those present in the meeting with us.
Microsoft Small Business Specialists
*All Mac on SBS posts are posted on our in-house iMac via the Safari Web browser.