We are in the process of running through our post OS install routine on an RTM version of SBS 2008.
The SBS 2008 RTM does not have anything overtly different from RC1 that we can see so far.
When working on the beta it was indicated to all of us that the RTM bits would be essentially an under-the-hood tweak of the RC1 bits.
The install went fine, and our post install routine is going well too.
Look for an SBS 2008 Setup Checklist to be posted here soon.
It will not be totally comprehensive by any means, but it will have a good number of steps to follow through on right out of the box!
The OS install portion may have decreased its install times exponentially, but it is looking like the post-install stuff is going to be quite time consuming.
As much as Microsoft has gone a huge step forward for the Do-It-Yourselfer ... there is still a huge window of opportunity for us I.T. specialists to get in there and do our stuff!
This OS is ripe for the tweaking ... in a way much more so than SBS 2003 ever was.
- SBS CodePlex for customized SBS 2008 report alerts.
- You Had Me At EHLO: Exchange 2007 PowerShell Scriptacular demo pack!
- Windows Server 2008 PowerShell
- Starter GPOs Folder (guess where this one is? :) )
- Group Policy Preferences and Client Side Extensions (note the CSE GPO in your SBS 2008 GPMC)
- Group Policy Central Store Video (we will implement this on all our SBS 2008s)
- Group Policy Central Store on Vista KB Article (how to)
Microsoft Small Business Specialists
*All Mac on SBS posts are posted on our in-house iMac via the Safari Web browser.