Microsoft released Service Pack 1 for Windows SharePoint Services on December 8.
- WSS v3 SP1 x86 Edition Download - Full WSS + SP1
- WSS v3 SP1 x64 Edition Download - Full WSS + SP1
- WSS v3 SP1 Only (download page)
- WSS v3 SP1 x86 Download File Link (link to file)
- WSS v3 SP1 x64 Download File Link (link to file)
- SBS - Side-by-Side documentation for WSS v3 on SBS
- MS KB 936998: Description of Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 Service Pack 1 and of Windows SharePoint Services Language Pack 3.0 Service Pack 1
- During Install
- MS KB 942101: You receive an error message when you try to apply any of the 2007 Office Service Pack 1 packages on a computer that is running Windows XP Service Pack 2
- MS KB 942618: The /log command-line switch and the /passive command-line switch do not function as expected when you run the installation package that contains Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 and Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 Service Pack 1
- MS KB 942621: The SharePoint Products and Technologies Configuration Wizard unexpectedly runs when you use quiet mode to install 2007 Microsoft Office System Servers or Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 and you apply a service pack, an update, or a hotfix
- After Install
- MS KB 942619: After you apply Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 SP1, an event is logged in the Application log on the server: "User, group, or role 'WSS_Content_Application_Pools' already exists in the current database"
- MS KB 942995: You are prompted unexpectedly to restart the computer after you install a 2007 Office service pack or a 2007 Office update
- MS KB 944447: After you install the 2007 Office System Servers SP1 or Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 SP1 on a server that has the Foxit PDF IFilter installed, .pdf document types are not indexed
And, have a good backup in place and a recovery plan "B" in place before running the service pack on the server or server farm.
Microsoft Small Business Specialists
*All Mac on SBS posts are posted on our in-house iMac via the Safari Web browser.