- Windows Vista SP1 Guides for IT Professionals (Download page)
- Direct download link to the Word documents:
- Deployment Guide for the Release Candidate Version of Windows Vista Service Pack 1
- Enterprise Guidance for Application Compatibility Testing and Windows Vista SP1
- Hotfixes and Security Updates included in Windows Vista Service Pack 1
- Notable Changes in Windows Vista SP1 Release Candidate
- Overview of Windows Vista Service Pack 1
- Release Notes for This Release of Windows Vista SP1 - Dec. 4, 2007 - Download Page
- Service Pack 1 Release Notes (.HTM file: right click and "Save Target As")
Once we have had a chance to go through the documentation and assess the impact of the service pack, we will start applying the service pack to our lab based systems. If they show promise, we will then acquire a few ShadowProtect images of client workstations to see how they react to the service pack.
Once the service pack formally releases, we will go through the process again to make sure that the changes made between the current beta versions and the actual release version won't cause problems.
We will then wait a few weeks and browse the Web to make sure that others are not having critical issues with the service pack's application.
It pays to be careful when it comes to service packs.
Microsoft Small Business Specialists
*All Mac on SBS posts are posted on our in-house iMac via the Safari Web browser.