Some aspects of our professionalism are:
- We are meticulous
- Our results are consistent
- We keep extensive check lists (a blogged SBS example) for all aspects of the work we do.
- We utilize the Wiki feature in WSS v3 in a side-by-side install on our own SBS boxes for:
- Procedural Manuals
- Client Relations Manuals
- Professionalism Manuals
- Technical Manuals
- We have that Wiki accessible via RWW
- We keep WSS based document libraries of all needed base scripts accessible to us via RWW
- Group Policy Software install scripts for Office 2007
- Custom logon batch files
- We keep WSS based image libraries of all screenshots needed for reference
- We keep WSS based folders available for our technicians to upload screenshots to along with some notes on them for later addition to the Wiki.
- Our policies and procedures (P&Ps) are well documented and available to our technicians all the time.
- Our technicians can comment on those P&Ps, updating the P&P Wikis on the go.
Maintaining consistency makes it much easier for any of our technicians to walk into a situation blind and know with relative confidence what is going on at any given client.
This is what distinguishes a professional from the one who flies by the seat of their pants.
We pay attention to the details.
Microsoft Small Business Specialists
*All Mac on SBS posts are posted on our in-house iMac via the Safari Web browser.