Windows Internet ExplorerNote that in this case we have already added the RWW site to IE's Trusted Sites zone.
This portion of the Remote Web Workplace requires the Microsoft Remote Desktop ActiveX Control. Your browser's security settings may be preventing you from downloading ActiveX controls. Adjust these settings, and try to connect again.
To deal with the issue:
- Click OK on the ActiveX warning dialogue box.
- Double click on the Gear with the red circle with the strike through near the bottom middle of the IE window (The yellow info balloon points to it).
- Click on Microsoft Terminal Services Client Control (redist).
- Click on Enable in the Settings box at the bottom left hand corner.
- Click OK.
- You may get a "For changes to take effect, you might need to restart IE" warning. Click OK.
- IE will restart itself and bring up the RWW portal menu.
- Click on the Connect to my computer at work link again and the list of available computers should come up.
This situation seems to be relatively new, but easy to solve.
Microsoft Small Business Specialists
*All Mac on SBS posts are posted on our in-house iMac via the Safari Web browser.